Monday, February 13, 2012

I can't get my web site to stop saying "under construction" when I publish it please help "gift-in-a-basket"

I am extremely frustrated my site is one of business (small home based business) and I really need this web site to work and I have been paying for it so the sooner it works the better, unfortunately it not being up and running is costing me money for items I have for sell for mother's day so if anyone can help I would be forever grateful. I am still new at the website stuff and need plain english to help me understand. Thanx in advance. Diane - gift-in-a-basket@sympatico.ca

I can't get my web site to stop saying "under construction" when I publish it please help "gift-in-a-basket"
I too had the same problem a couple of years ago, so I understand the frustration. I made my own website with some software and I could not get the completed version to "upload" over the "under construction" version that I had put up when I purchased my web domain.



If you made the website yourself with software, you can try what I did. Go to yahoo, google, ask, whatever search engine you want and search for help forums for that software. I used software called Web Plus so I just did a search for "Web Plus help forums" and I found tons of extremely helpful people who walked me through it. It was not easy but certainly worthwhile to get the site up and running.



If somebody made the site for you then it should be their responsiblilty to "upload" the completed website.



Good Luck
Reply:I tried to pull up your site and it will not come up. Are you in Canada? Go back to the company that is hosting your site and talk to them. They are responsible for helping you get your site published. If they do not help you then demand to talk to upper management and don't stop until someone helps you step by step to get launched. Meanwhile you might call on people and get an ad in the paper to help with Mother's Day Gifts or find a place you can stop and sell out of your car like a local Gas stop in high traffic areas because you don't have much time left.


No comments:

Post a Comment